Community Schools Case Manager
To provide the Binghamton Promise Zone with support for at-risk youth & families
Duties and responsibilities
- Work within Binghamton Promise zone and Binghamton High School to provide Promise Zone parents/at-risk families and students with:
- Advocacy & crisis counseling
- One on one education/independent living skills
- Information & referral
- Assistance with food/clothing
- Provision of basic needs
- Case management
- Maintain accurate and thorough client records
- Work within Binghamton High School/ Binghamton Promise Zone to provide students, staff and parents with interpersonal violence education via CVAC’s education department
- Assist in facilitating after school programming and occasional evening/weekend programming via parent café’s and education/outreach events.
- Create and implement a widespread survey (with the assistance of CVAC and the Promise Zone) to create a baseline of need for case management & ongoing education
- Collect, analyze and report program outputs and outcome data to supervisor
- Maintain regular communication with identified staff at partner schools & coordinate the provision of services and ensuring that activities are carried out according to plan
- Provide direct assistance to victims in Broome County on an on-call basis
- Assist in other CVAC/Promise Zone duties, as necessary
Bachelor’s degree in human services related field required; Bachelors Preferred; Thorough knowledge of domestic and sexual violence including child abuse; Strong planning, organizational, time management, and administrative skills; Strong interpersonal, oral communication and written skills; Strong leadership, training and facilitation skills; Ability to solve complex problems and demonstrate critical thinking; Ability to work independently; Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite; Ability to develop a positive compassionate rapport with victims of domestic violence, sexual assault or other violent trauma; Appreciation and respect for other cultures and people of diverse backgrounds; One to three years’ experience in direct service/case management and program management. Experience in training, writing and public speaking also preferred.
Mobility to work in an off-site office setting and use standard office equipment, vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, distance vision suitable of independent driving/travel, and hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone. Individual must be able to lift 30 pounds. Accommodations may be made for some of these physical demands for other qualified individuals who require and request such accommodation.
Must complete 40 hour rape crisis counselor training and an additional ten hours of ongoing, professional education each subsequent calendar year.