Broome County Sexual Assault Response Team (SART)
The Broome County Sexual Assault Response Team’s developing multidisciplinary collaboration is dedicated to promoting societal intolerance of sexual assault in the community. This partnership of professionals supports the rights and choices of survivors of sexual assault throughout their involvement with health, social and justice systems, while working to effectively prosecute and hold offenders accountable for their actions.
Everyone is responsible for preventing sexual violence. It requires all of us working together in creative ways. We must create safe communities. Focusing on the issues of sexual violence where we live contributes to an environment where people are safe in their relationships, homes, neighborhoods, schools, and workplaces.
Together we can make a difference.
Represented by the Offices of:
The guiding principals of Sexual Assault Response Teams across our nation are:
- Provide equal access to services for all individuals who have been sexually assaulted regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, income, ability, language, age, religion or other personal characteristics.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships through respectful communication and cross-disciplinary education among team members.
- Educate professionals within the health, social and justice systems, and community at-large in order to overcome the silence and stigma surrounding sexual assault.
- Establish and implement countywide standards of practice to ensure consistent responses from providers who will be held accountable to the standards.
- Inform individuals about their rights and choices with regard to health care, social services and the justice system.